The Unsealed wants you to write a poem about something or someone you are grateful for in life. It could be a person, a personality trait, a job, an opportunity or anything else you want to share.
First Place – selected by The Unsealed – $200
Bonus Prize – Selected by Votes – $50
Member votes count 5x. Non-Member Votes Count 1x
You must be over 18 and a member of The Unsealed Community. You can sign up for The Unsealed Here
*no relatives or employees on The Unsealed are permitted to enter
All Entries must be in by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 Eastern Time
Those moving on to the next round will be announced on February 15, 2024
Voting will go from February 15th to March 15th (11:59 PM Eastern Time).
Our Winners will be announced on April 18, 2024
Please send any questions to Contests@theunsealed.com
- Entries must be in English
- Poem must be a true story about your life
- The letter can’t mention anyone’s name except yourself (For example, you can call someone a friend, a neighbor, a teammate, or a family member but you can’t call them by their name, John Smith)
- The poem must be original writing by the person submitting the letter (NO AI, we do check)
- The poem must not have been published anywhere else
- The poem can’t be defamatory toward another person
- The poem must be less than 1500 words
- Only one entry per person
- Include a headline for your letter and a photo that goes with your story
You will own the rights to your entry but by entering the contest you will give us permission/a limited license to publish the letter and any pictures you provide on The Unsealed. You will also allow us to promote your entry on social media using your letter and the provided picture.
What the poem will be judged on
- Organization that is logical and effective, is the poem easy to read and understand?
- Creativity/originality, is there anything that makes this poem unique?
- Message/insight – does the poem offer a thoughtful message?
- Impact/Inspirational – is the story powerful and inspirational?
- Accurately addresses the topic