The Unsealed wants you to write an inspiring letter to your future self OR write a letter to yourself from your future self. You can talk about achieving your dreams, persevering through obstacles or starting a family. Whatever you would like, as long as it inspires.
First-place prize $400
Bonus Prize: $100
You must be over 18 and a member of The Unsealed Community. You can sign up for The Unsealed Here
*no relatives or employees on The Unsealed are permitted to enter
All Entries must be in 11:59 pm April 3, 2023 Eastern Time
Ou finalists will be chosen by our judges and announced June 1st
Our winners will be announced July 7th.
- Entries must be in English
- They must be typed and e-mailed to email@example.com
- They must be true story about your life
- The letter can’t mention anyone’s name except yourself (Example: you can call someone a friend, a neighbor, a teammate or a family member but you can’t call them by their name, John Smith)
- The letter must be original writing from the person submitting the letter
- The letter must not have been published anywhere else
- The letter can’t can’t be defamatory toward another person
- The letter must be 500- 800 words
- Only one entry per person
- Include a headline for your letter and a photo that goes with your story
You will own the rights to your entry but by entering the contest you will give us permission/limited license to publish the letter and any pictures you provide on The Unsealed. You will also allow us to promote your entry on social media using your letter and the provided picture.
How it will be judged
The Unsealed will narrow down the entries and post the ones that are advancing to the second round. For our first-place prize, The Unsealed and members of the media will vote on their favorite letter. For our second-place prize, whoever has the most votes from the public wins. Members votes count five times as much as non-member votes. Voting will end July 6th at 11:59pm ET
What the letters will be judged on
- Organization that is logical and effective, is the letter easy to read and understand?
- Creativity/originality, is there anything that makes this letter unique?
- Message/insight – does the letter offer a thoughtful message?
- Impact/Inspirational – is the story powerful and inspirational?
- Accurately addresses the topic – does this letter share a message of resilience?