Write an open letter to someone you lost and share how you are honoring their life and their legacy
Check out some examples on The Unsealed:
You must be over 18 and a member of The Unsealed Community. You can sign up for The Unsealed Here
*no relatives or employees on The Unsealed are permitted to enter
All Entries must be in by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on March 31st, 2022
Our Finalists will be chosen by our judges and be announced April 15
Our winner will be announced May 2nd
You can submit your entry in the submission box below or email it to Contests@theunsealed.com
- Entries must be in English
- They must be typed and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- They must be true story about your life
- The letter can’t mention anyone’s name except yourself (Example: you can call someone a friend, a neighbor, a teammate or a family member but you can’t call them by their name, John Smith)
- The letter must be original writing from the person submitting the letter
- The letter must not have been published anywhere else
- The letter can’t can’t be defamatory toward another person
- The letter must be 500- 800 words
- Only one entry per person
- Include a headline for your letter and a photo that goes with your story. If someone else is in the photo, please get their permission to submit.
You will own the rights to your entry but by entering the contest you will give us permission/limited license to publish the letter and any pictures you provide on The Unsealed. You will also allow us to promote your entry on social media using your letter and the provided picture.
How it will be judged
The Unsealed will narrow it down to our finalists based on the following:
- Organization that is logical and effective, is the letter easy to read and understand?
- Creativity/originality, is there anything that makes this letter unique?
- Message/insight – does the letter offer a thoughtful message?
- Impact/Inspirational – is the story powerful and inspirational?
- Accurately addresses the topic – does this letter share a an inspirational message?
Winner picked by Judges – $350 donation to a charity of your choice in honor of your loved one (or you can keep the money)
*We pay via PayPal, Venmo or Zelle