Write an open letter to your younger self or the next generations as a whole
Check out some examples on The Unsealed:
You must be over 18 and a member of The Unsealed Community. You can sign up for The Unsealed here
If you previously entered one of our “Write a letter to your younger self” contests, you can enter again with a new letter.
*no relatives or employees on The Unsealed are permitted to enter
All Entries must be in by midnight on August, 15, 2022 Eastern Time
Our finalists will be announced September 12th
Our winners will be announced October 3rd
- Entries must be in English
- Letter must be typed and submitted below or you can email it to email@example.com
- Letter must be true story about your life
- The letter can’t mention anyone’s name except yourself (Example: you can call someone a friend, a neighbor, a teammate or a family member but you can’t call them by their name, John Smith).
- The letter must be original writing from the person submitting the letter
- The letter must not have been published anywhere else
- The letter can’t be defamatory toward another person
- The letter must be 500- 1000 words
- Only one entry per person
- Include a headline for your letter and a photo that goes with your story (if there is another person in the photo please get their permission to post)
You will own the rights to your entry but by entering the contest you will give us permission/limited license to publish the letter and any pictures you provide on The Unsealed. You will also allow us to promote your entry on social media using your letter and the provided picture.
How it will be judged
The Unsealed will narrow it down to our finalists and one winner based on the following:
- Organization that is logical and effective, is the letter easy to read and understand?
- Creativity/originality, is there anything that makes this letter unique?
- Message/insight – does the letter offer a thoughtful message?
- Impact/Inspirational – is the story powerful and inspirational?
- Accurately addresses the topic – does this letter share a an inspirational message?
The Unsealed will post the finalists (judged by professional writers). The Unsealed community will choose 1st place winner based on the above criteria. The Unsealed community will vote on their favorite story for an additional prize. Voting will be counted from September 12th to October 1st at midnight. Members votes will count 5x as much as readers who are not members.
1st place – $400
2nd place $100
*We pay via PayPal, Venmo or Zelle